A photograph of the Theatre Royal in 1877, where a production entitled "Pluto" was playing to enthralled crowds. This building was in Bourke Street on the northern side between Swanston Street and Russell Street. A store which found accommodation in the ground floor of the theatre was S.S. Hough & Co.'s Depot of Novelties, also offering themselves as Importers of Fancy Goods.
Photograph is attributed to N. J. Caire.
Notes from the State Library tell us that this image is of "The Theatre Royal, Melbourne".
This is a digitally retouched reproduction of the original held by the State Library of Victoria. All prints are reproduced without the HOTPRESS watermarks.
Our team of conservators have worked on a high resolution digital image in order to remove blemishes and artifacts such as stains, mould, scratches and damage caused by the handling of the original. We strive to provide authentic representations of the original work that are suitable for enlargements that retain the tones and character of the original.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other HotPress users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.